New Year's Resolutions // How to Slay 2019

December 30, 2018

Hello, lovelies!



Every year, at the end of December, I sit down and really think about the past year and the one that is ahead of me. I love planning and organizing, although I am not that good at sticking with my goal lists. It was so tricky and hard for me to follow my plans and lists and I always thought that I was simply lazy and unmotivated. After doing more research about this topic I realized that the problem wasn't in me, it was in my notes and how I wrote them down. I would usually just open up a random notebook, write my goals in it and toss it in a drawer to be never seen again. Or I would do something that most of us do and that is writing unspecific goals.

My lists roughly looked like this:
- Get fit
- Read more
- Experience more
- Try something new
- Be happy
- Go out more
- Drink more water
- Study more...
All of these are missing one word and that is - how?
How am I going to get fit? How can I read more? How? How? How?
That is something I never thought of. Or, I would simply leave my future self to deal with that stuff. Even the lists themselves don't visually look good.

Instead of just listing a few inspirational sentences one under the other, try to think how you can accomplish all those goals and how to keep yourself motivated throughout the whole year.
For example,
1. Don't write "Get fit" or "Lose weight" or anything similar. Make yourself a little challenge.
Write "exercise 2 - 3 times per week". Don't make something too hard, otherwise, you might give up sooner than you thought. Start slowly. When you finish the January challenge, start one for the February. Make February a bit harder, but not too extreme. You will get used to exercising and you will reach your goal by the end of the year. Just try it, you won't regret a thing!
2. Don't write "Experience more" or "Travel more", be specific! There is such a large field around these goals, I wouldn't even know where to start!
Write "Visit (name a specific city in a country you want to visit) in March" instead. It doesn't have to be March, it can be any other month, week, day, it just depends on how far away the city is or how you will financially cover that trip. Dream big, but be realistic with your dream.

Use the techniques above for everything you are writing down. I have already made an updated list of my goals for 2019. It is still in development and probably would need some changes here and there, but I am happy with how it turned out.

~ 2019 - Goals & Resolutions ~

1. Exercise 3 - 4 times a week 

This is a January challenge for me. I am already used to working out a few times a week so this won't be a problem. I don't include everyday dog walks into the "working out" section or my long walks with friends. 


2. Read 30 pages every day

This one is not that hard for me, either. I love reading books and there are so many books that I want to read this year, so I think that setting an everyday page goal will be of much help. 


3. Try ice-skating, zip wire and horse-riding

Although I would like to try many things this year, these three are a priority. I can't wait to try all of these things out. I have already tried horse riding and ice skating when I was younger, but I don't really remember anything from back then. Zip wire is totally new and, to be honest, a bit scary to me. I hope I will have the courage to try it, it sounds fantastic!


4. Visit Prague, Dubrovnik, and Athens

These three cities are a must-see for me. I have already traveled a lot in the past year, but there is so much more let to see. One of my favourite trips was a visit to Vienna and Budapest in 2015. It was truly amazing. 


5. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day

It is very important to drink lots of water to stay healthy. This goal is something that I have already achieved, but I wrote it down so I can stay consistent in this new year, too.


6. Be consistent with my planner

This one is big. I really want to keep using my planner throughout the whole year. If I accomplish this by the end of 2019 I will be really happy and I know it.


7. A list of books I want to read

- The Chronicles of Narnia: last 3 books that I haven't read
- Lord of the Rings: all books
- Dracula and Dracula: Undead
- Septimus Heap: last 4 books that I haven't read
- Song of Ice and Fire: Winds of Winter if it gets published this year
- Alchemist 
- The fifth wave: all books
- Divergent: all books
- The fault in our stars
(That is everything I could have thought of)


8. A list of TV shows I want to watch

- Reign
- Lucifer
- The Originals
- Gossip Girl
- Game of Thrones
- Victoria
(Again, everything I could have thought of)

As I said before, I haven't finished writing down my goals for this year. I really want 2019 to be a year for change. In the other half of 2018, I stopped using a huge amount of plastic bags and started to be more environment-friendly. I am sure that I will continue doing so in 2019. Also, I want to completely stop buying fast fashion this year. After I read a lot of articles about it, it really makes me sick to see what some people are capable of doing just to save a few pennies. I hope the awareness of this will spread to everyone soon enough so these awful people can be stopped in time.

Well, this brings us to the end of today's post. I hope you enjoyed reading it and got some motivation to start and work on your own goals for this year. Make sure to share your ideas in the comment section down below! Lots of love!

The images used to create the banner are taken from Pinterest*
If you are the owner of the image and want it removed, please send me an e-mail and it will be done as soon as possible**

Hugss~

You Might Also Like

29 коментара

  1. Lovely post dear, Happy New Year!❤❤❤

    Vildana Šuta,
    Fashion, lifestyle & beauty blogger
    Blog: https://www.livinglikev.com/
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/livinglikev/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! That is the point! It's easy to say, but main question is how.
    I'm sorry about my bad english. 😜
    I'm following you now.

    Milicaimp.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, tek sad vidim da se zoveš Ana, mogla sam i na srpskom 😂

      Delete
    2. Hahahahahaha, i engleski ti ide dobro! ♥ Srećna Nova godina!

      Delete
  3. Great blog post! Those are wonderful resolutions, and I love how you broke them down into manageable and achievable goals. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I’m now following you. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, dear Karla!
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. Wszystkiego Dobrego w Nowym Roku 2019 !!!
    Pozdrawiam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for following me so you can get a lot of inspiration from each other. Top list of good intentions! Wish you a happy new year and everything goods for 2019!
    I'm following you now. 😀
    Hugs Doris x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice post :)). New Year is a time of many resolutions and their implementation :)). All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck for your 2019 planning🍀 happy new year!
    I am your new follower now, thank you for your visit and your kind comment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year dear. I am following you for a long time. Thanks for following back 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals :) Good luck and happy New Year.
    I followed you back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your feed! Wishing you all the best in 2019 and to keep all your New Years resolutions!!

    Happy New Year love!!
    xo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful goals. :) You are definitely able to achieve them and I wish you that so much. :)
    Happy New Year, may your dreams come true. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ana¡

    Your resolutions are super cool and the best to star the new year.

    Greetings and happy year :3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wszystkiego najlepszego w Nowym Roku!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to my blog
    Happy new year
    Following you, too, back

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have really enjoyed reading your post. Thank you for your comment on my blog and a very Happy New Year to you and yours. Have become a follower. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. (。◕ ‿ ◕。)/ Hi sweetie i wish you happy new year 2019, i hope everything is will fulfilled.

    Espero puedas pasarte por mi humilde espacio ♥

    穛 S4Ku SEK4i®

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello dear! Thank for your wishes on my post!
    I’m following you now! Great post and tips!
    Have a happy new year!!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a great !! I wish you that you'll achieve every goal you set.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year my dear! Wish you that you'll achieve every goal you set.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice post Dear.
    Love for this new year.
    Dilek .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good tips. Thanks for visit my blog. I follow you. Do you like follow me? Kisses

    ReplyDelete

A group of lovely people

Instagram