Movie review // I Kill Giants (no spoilers)

June 28, 2018

Hello everyone!




Usually, I always think for a day or two about my next post, but tonight is a bit different. I have finished watching a movie called "I kill giants" like a moment ago. My eyes are still quite watery, so I will have to read these paragraphs a few times again after writing. I want this post to be 100% honest and to reflect what I am feeling right now. I do not wish to edit it, let the thoughts flow.
It has been a really long time since I watched a movie that touched me this deeply...

The plot is about a weird, little girl called Barbara. Like I told you, she is weird. At least, everyone thinks so. Like the movie title says (and the trailer if you have watched it) Barbara claims to have a power to kill giants. She doesn't wish to tell anybody about this and keeps everything to herself. Many tried to reach out to her, and many failed. I really like her character, it makes you really think twice about everything. Sofia, a girl that moved to the town recently, tries to make a conversation with her, but Barbara cuts her off. Although Sofia doesn't give up that easily, Barbara is not an easy one to follow.

When I first took a look at the title, description and movie trailer, I thought this will be another fantasy/adventure movie with heroes and that kind of stuff. I couldn't have been more wrong. Even though this is a fantasy movie, it is one of a kind. It was a bit hard to understand at first, nothing is really black and white. Heroes and villains are hiding in plain sight, waiting to strike when the time comes.

Discovering Barbara's dramatic backstory was the saddest part of the movie for me. I expected it to be something similar, but I wasn't prepared for this. Beautiful, deep and dramatic scenes came flowing like bees to flowers. The whole movie is a masterpiece, and I am so glad I decided to watch it. This movie brings the "don't judge a book by it's covers" phrase to life through a magical and tearful adventure. School bullies, angry teachers, people who don't even want to try to understand you... why would they matter if there is something bigger and far more worse to fight against? If there is a task you must complete in order to really feel happiness?

"I Kill Giants" is a masterpiece that will make everyone's hard dance to it's tune. A beautiful story full of scars. A rose full of thorns. Like I said, I am so glad I decided to watch it. It opened my eyes a bit about our society, everything around us and ourselves as individuals. Maybe I am looking a bit too deep into this. Maybe got carried away in emotions a bit too much. I think everyone will view and think about this differently, but for me, this is one of the best movies from 2017.

Thank you for reading this far, I hope you considered watching this after reading this. Or, perhaps, you have watched it already. If you did, make sure to tell me what you think about it in the comment section. Lots of love ♥

Hugss~

You Might Also Like

3 коментара

  1. Thank you for comment. I am follow you

    New post: http://www.alexandarstanisavljevic.com/2018/06/rainy-wednesday.html

    http://www.alexandarstanisavljevic.com/

    ReplyDelete

A group of lovely people

Instagram